How to Get Rid of Body Acne
As if facial acne isn’t horrible enough, just imagine having acne all over your back and chest! Trust me, it can really be very frustrating! Body acne is a very common skin problem. Since the rest of your body (not only the facial area) has sebaceous glands, it is also prone to acne. The most common body areas that acne usually appears on are the chest, neck, back, shoulders, arms, and your private areas. This is exactly why tons of people search the Internet for ways to get rid of body acne.
Body acne is not just defined as the presence of pimples, it can also refer to blackheads, pustules, whiteheads, lesions, and cysts that can be found in all other areas of your body. Skin acne can really be uncomfortable and irritating, not to mention, it can be quite painful too. This is exactly why many people around the world search for a resource that will teach them how to get rid of body acne.
There are a number of different ways and remedies for body acne. The truth is, it is not always easy to treat body acne. But with the right regimen, skin care, and hygiene, you can be on your way to flawless skin. Here are some tips to get rid of body acne (hopefully, as soon as possible).
- Wash – Washing may be the most traditional way to get rid of body acne fast. Just remember to use anti-bacterial soap regularly when taking showers. You can also use soaps or cleansers with salicylic acid or SD alcohol 40.
- Exfoliate gently – You can use cleansers with exfoliating effects, as this will help you get rid of dead skin cells. You can also use a loofah to gently brush your body (or wherever the acne is present). Not too roughly though, or you might risk irritating or inflaming your skin.
- Be clean – Always keep your skin clean. Everyday pollutants like dust and smoke can easily trigger acne break outs in your body. Make sure that you use a body cleanser regularly. Choose a light product without harsh chemicals that can help wash out the debris on your skin pores and clean them without harming your skin. Avoid putting heavy creams directly to affected areas of your skin.
- Wear the right clothes – To help get rid of body acne, avoid wearing clothes that are too tight. Instead wear something loose that would allow air to circulate and prevent sweat which may worsen your body acne. Also make sure that your bed sheets, linens and pillow cases are always kept clean.
- Body mask – For serious body acne, you can use clay based masks. These kinds of products are usually used for facial areas but you can also find body masks that can be effective to help get rid of body acne. You can also purchase a clay mask with anti-acne ingredients like tea tree oil. Use it once or twice a week after bathing.
- Watch your diet – If your diet is high in fat, change to a healthier diet. You need to eat lots of vegetables, fruits, and nuts to help keep your body acne under control. Make sure that what you eat is packed with lots of vitamins and minerals, this helps greatly in getting rid of body acne.
- See a dermatologist – You can follow the regimen above and observe the results. If nothing works for about six months, you need professional help. Seek the advice and prescription of a dermatologists to get rid of body acne permanently.